Speaker Nominations Open for TEDxColumbus 2012: The Future Revealed.
TEDxColumbus: The Future Revealed- October 5, 2012
Wanted: Speakers who can inspire, predict, reflect, challenge, educate and/or resonate.
This year’s TEDxColumbus, anchoring the Columbus Bicentennial’s idUS week, aims to answer an aspirational call: showcase some of our best and brightest thinkers, doers and visionaries with ideas that will shatter bias, ignite creativity and move action.
Keeping in mind we are looking for stories that help reveal the future (or a future), they can be in any of these categories:
- an idea worth spreading
- an amazing personal story
- a stunning performance
- a jawdropping technology demo
- a brand new piece of work/research
- a unique “how to”
- a slide show of remarkable images
- a review of a unique trend or set of data with your unique lens
- anything that you think would fascinate, excite, educate, inspire or delight the rest of us.
This year’s process has a new phase which includes an open call for ideas.
To be considered by the curatorial team (April – June), anyone nominated needs to submit a one minute (and we mean one minute) video of the idea you want to share at TEDxColumbus. You may nominate others or yourself, as long as the video is submitted at the same time as the nomination. We will not consider any nominations during this time that don’t include a video.
So, to nominate yourself or someone else, two things are needed.
1. Fill out this form.
2. Submit a video to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t submit a video, we will not remind you or reach to you, we’ll just not review your nomination. You should be notified by July whether or not you were chosen by the curatorial team. We encourage you to submit your videos by May 15th! But read on….
While the curatorial team will pick approximately 12-15 speakers and performers from our search and general nominations in Phase 1, we will leave three spots open to be chosen in three new ways in 2012:
- A panel of previous TEDxColumbus attendees and speakers will audition up to 10 speakers who will be chosen from the video submissions. Each applicant / nominee will present a 3 minute sample talk. During that same audition, we will open it to up to 20 people (first come, first serve) to present 1 minute ideas to also be considered. These people need not submit a nomination or video in advance. The panel’s choice will present at TEDxColumbus 2012. The audition event is August 16 at Columbus Museum of Art in the Cardinal Health Auditorium from 7-9pm. This audition is open and free to anyone to attend, should you just want to stop in and hear some great short talks!
- Registrants / attendees to TEDxColumbus 2012 will get to vote on a final speaker, also from the open nomination videos. We will submit three videos to the attendees in early September on which they will vote and the winner will present.
- We will pick one speaker from TEDxYouth@Columbus on October 3 (also at COSI). We will scout a speaker or performer that day and offer a surprise invitation to him or her to come back on October 5.