Speaker Nominations Open for TEDxColumbus 2013: Out There
TEDxColumbus 2013 seeks speakers who will take us Out There. To places that are challenging, unknown and even uncomfortable. With ideas that are both prickly and bright, deafening and subtle, blazing and tepid. And we seek an audience who expects to be provoked, not just inspired; to be surprised, not just delighted; and moved, not just amused.
We will be choosing speakers in three general categories for TEDxColumbus 2013.
1. Those with ideas that are most simply Out There. Concepts and discoveries that push our limits of comfort or boundaries of knowledge.
2. Ideas that specifically provoke our senses. Research, trends, insight, experiences around what we see, taste, smell, hear and touch.
3. Visionaries for Columbus. Who can see Out There into the future? We seek small and large ideas for our city to ignite a new conversation as to what could be or what should be… Out There.
As we have done for the last four years, TEDxColumbus aims to showcase some of our best and brightest thinkers, doers and visionaries with ideas that will shatter bias, ignite creativity and move action. We will accept the following formats:
- an idea worth spreading
- an amazing personal story
- a stunning performance
- a jawdropping technology demo
- a brand new piece of work/research
- a unique “how to”
- a slide show of remarkable images
- a review of a unique trend or set of data with your unique lens
- anything that you think would fascinate, excite, educate, inspire or delight the rest of us.
How to Nominate or Apply
To submit a nomination please complete this form and upload a one-minute video of your idea, talent or demonstration here. Nominations will not be considered without both the completed form and video submission. Deadline: May 24, 2013.
If you would like to audition in person, you may also attend the Open Call for auditions on June 19, 2013 from 7-9pm at the offices of Dawson/ Talent Rooster at 1114 Dublin Road. The Open Call will be a first-come, first-served of 30 individuals who will be given up to three minutesto present their idea, talent or demonstration. We recommend that you practice for this Open Call but we will not support the use of slides to assure we have time for everyone to present. The doors and sign-up list will open at 6:30pm that evening.
The curatorial team will make decisions on as many speakers as possible by June 28, 2013.
And keeping with our popular tradition, we will also choose one speaker from TEDxYouth@Columbus on October 10 to appear on October 11. For more information on TEDxYouth@Columbus, click here.