Dear TEDxColumbus 2015 Attendees:
Thank you for purchasing a ticket to TEDxColumbus on 11/20! We are thrilled you will be joining us. As the speakers finish preparing their talks, we also need one final preparation item from all of you.
For yourself and any of your guests, please pre-register here with this simple link. We only ask your name and email address.
If you have attended in the past you’ll know we are required by TED to capture the names and emails of all those individuals actually attending. You will receive a simple survey after the event which goes back to TED and the data is shared with us. If you are not pre-registered we will capture this information at check-in. You still will need your ticket for admission too.
Now, about the event itself!
Here’s the annual how-to-attend list. Please make sure to share it with your guests.
1. Parking: We recommend the Columbus Commons lot. And there is no parade this year to hinder traffic!
2. Lunch: Our tickets say noon, but in reality, everything will be ready by 11:30am so come early if you desire. Every dietary consideration has been made in the ordering of lunch.
3. Program: Doors will open to the theatre at 12:45pm and the program will begin promptly at 1pm. All seats are general admission.
4. First time attendees: Pay attention to the cards placed under the seats. Special prizes will be awarded for 2 participants in the “card exercise” during the third session. (Please bring a pen!)
5. Breaks/ Happy Hour: We’ll have 2 breaks with snacks and a Happy Hour with a cash bar and sushi from FUSIAN. So plan to stick around after the talks to get to know your fellow attendees.
6. Livestream: if you know people who want to see the talks live and in a place with other curious people, please direct them to Whitehall-Yearling High School which has graciously agreed to show the entire event from their newly renovated theater at 675 S. Yearling Road.
The livestream, for those unable to travel, will also be available on our website at www.tedxcolumbus.com.
7. Dress: As always, be comfortable and casual!
8. Social : Please use #tedxcbus in any posts on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter- before or after the event. We love the digital conversation but just not during the actual talks.
9. Tshirts: the official TEDx tshirt will be printed on demand in the lobby.
10. Did we miss anything?! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t wait to see you all on Friday November 20! We know the speakers and presenters are even more excited. Come curious and ready to be provoked!
TEDxColumbus Organizing Team